Fitness Training: Level 2.
PRODUCT: Polar FT2 Heart Rate Monitor, With Chest Strap, With Auto Age Based Target Zone Calculator, With Target Heart Rate Zone Alarm
5 star rating off 2 customer reviews.
On This Level You Get An Auto Age Based Target Zone Calculator.
Difference Between Polar FT1 and FT2
The Polar FT2 is one step up from the Polar FT1. With the extra $10 or so you spend to get the FT2, you get the automatic age based target heart rate zone calculator. The FT1 does not have this ability to generate your zones automatically based on your age. However, both these monitors still have the ability to manually set your heart rate target zones. If you crave this convenience – grab the FT2.
I want the Polar FT2!
What Do You Get If You Jump Up To The Polar FT4?
For an extra $10-$20 you can upgrade to the Polar FT4 men’s version. The women in the crowd have the option to upgrade from the unisex FT2 to the women’s version FT4 for about the same price. Think of it as a free upgrade to get the better FT4 in a more woman friendly design (color and size of wrist band).
The extra training features you get with the upgrade are:
- calories burned display
- user defined heart rate max target
- ability to hold 10 training sessions data in the watch.
The extra watch features you get are:
- a user replaceable battery
- dual time zones
- low battery indicator displayed.
Who Is This Heart Rate Monitor Perfect For?
The most suitable person to buy this watch is someone who exercises to workout videos, weight trains at the gym and or is in the market for their first monitor.
- Workout video exercisers will benefit from this monitor because it has the ability to track your average and maximum heart rate of training. Oftentimes when you do exercise in front of the tele you lose track of how hard you are working. So with the FT2 you will never have a worry about, “Did I work hard enough just then?”
- Weight trainers can reap the rewards of a simple heart rate monitor by keeping their heart rate in a particular zone for their entire weight training session. The importance of doing so, for a weights trainer, is that they get the cardio benefits while training for muscle. The heart benefits of doing this have been studied in depth and show that this type of cardio (high intensity training) is just as beneficial for your heart as a MUCH longer (less intense) cardio session.
- Looking for your first heart rate monitor? Look no further, the Polar FT2 is a perfect first heart rate monitor. It is affordable and crafted by Polar. It has all the normal watch features: backlight, time of day and date. It also has the basic heart rate monitor features: average and max heart rate of workout, automatic age based target heart rate zones, continuous real-time heart rate and coded transmission between chest strap and watch.
In the box:
- 1 Polar FT2 heart rate monitor
- 1 Chest strap
- 1 Users manual
I Want The Polar FT2!
*Amazon Prices Vary Over Time. The price listed here may have gone up or down when you read this. Check Amazon page linked to for latest price. Cheers.